This is the benefit you’ll get linking Aadhar with IRCTC account
Users can now book up to 12 tickets per month subjected to link their Aadhaar with IRCTC account. Users who don’t link their Aadhaar can book only 6 tickets per month.
The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is offering a benefit to those who are frequent traveller with Indian Railways which may be useful the next time you book a ticket.
Users who link their Aadhaar with IRCTC account can now book up to 12 tickets a month. Users who don’t link their Aadhaar can book only 6 tickets in a month.
Here’s how the customers can link their IRCTC account with Aadhaar:
1. Go to IRCTC’s official website.
2. Login into your account on the portal.
3. Go to ‘my account’ and choose the option to link your Aadhaar with your account.
4. The Aadhaar KYC page will show up on your computer screen.
5. Type your name as per your Aadhaar card.
6. Submit other details such as your Aadhaar number etc.
7. Select the checkbox.
8. Click the ‘Send OTP’ button.
9. Type the OTP details as received on your mobile number (which is linked to your Aadhaar number).
10. Click on the verify OTP option.
Note- Once you complete this process, click on ‘Update Aadhaar‘ to conclude your verification process.
To check your Aadhaar KYC status, you can click on the link provided on your Aadhaar under ‘My Account’ tab on IRCTC’s portal.