This 95-year-old Railway Station gets European look
What if I tell you that now you can experience Europe in India too? Yes, but it is true indeed as Indian Railways has revamped a 95-year-old Railway Station in European style.
As part of the station beautification and redevelopment initiative of Piyush Goyal-led Indian Railways, the Western Railway (WR) zone has completely redeveloped the 95-year-old station building and circulating area of the Valsad station of Gujarat. And believe us it no lesser look like Europe!
Western Railway has revamped the Valsad station with modern waiting rooms, better toilet facilities, proper parking areas, newly built ticket booking office, etc. along with green initiatives like rainwater harvesting and a beautiful vertical garden. This flourishing industrial city with stunning sea coast in close proximity to the station attracts a large number of tourists. Even though the station building of Valsad station is almost 95 years old, during the latest redevelopment, Western Railway was able to maintain the charm of this beautiful old station of formerly known Balsar.
Valsad Railway Station in Gujarat has been upgraded and looks like a quaint European station with modern amenities.
With LED lights, tiled floors, impressive architecture and clean platforms, Railways is offering a never-before journey experience to passengers. pic.twitter.com/2fBecHkcz1
— Piyush Goyal (@PiyushGoyal) June 22, 2019
Under the soft upgradation of Valsad station, Western Railway has provided modern waiting halls, toilets, LED lights, development of the circulating area, station façade, platforms, and Divyangjan facilities. Following are the various works carried out by Western Railway which has transformed Valsad station:
- Old Building Facade was given a new stone masonry look.
- Old ladies, Gents, AC waiting hall, Dy/ SS office were also given a new modern look by using texture paint and fixing wall murals.
- Development of Green Patches for beautification and adornment of Station Building Area and Circulating area.
- Construction of RCC Boundary wall, painting, fixation of Stainless steel Grills & fixation of Wall mural along the Platform.
- Fixation of Kota Stone as well as Flame cutting granite work on the home platform.
- Provision of 3D pattern granite flooring and ceiling painting work in Concourse Hall.
- New PRS cum UTS booking building with all modern facilities along with the provision of facilities for Divyangjan.
- Construction of the underground drainage system by fixing precast RCC drain and improvement of sewerage system by laying the underground pipeline.
- Re-development of Circulating area by providing separate lanes for entry and exit, separate VIP lane, green patch, and vertical garden. Also provision of separate 2 wheeler, 3 wheeler and 4 wheeler parking space in the circulating area.