Don’t Cancel, Just Transfer!!This is how you can transfer your train tickets to another person
A piece of great news coming on the way of passengers, a bid to improve passenger convenience, the IRCTC has introduced a new facility that will allow passengers to transfer a railway ticket to someone else instead of canceling it.
Earlier, passengers were forced to cancel a confirmed Indian Railways ticket at least 24 hours before the journey to get a refund. Failing to cancel the ticket attracted a penalty. However, now passengers can transfer the ticket to someone else by submitting a request at least 24 hours prior to departure of the train.
As per the new guidelines issued by online ticketing platform Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), a traveler can now transfer his/her ticket to family members including father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, husband or wife. Also, this ticket transfer facility can be used for both offline and online tickets.
Here are key things to know about Indian Railways’ confirmed ticket transfer facility:
1. Railway ticket’s transfer request can be made only once.
2. Such a request shouldn’t exceed 10 percent of the total number of group members, said Indian Railways.
3. Tickets can also be transferred to another government servant traveling on duty, at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled departure of the train.
4. Tickets can also be transferred to other students of the recognized educational institution when the principal/head makes a request at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled departure of the train.
5. Tickets can even be transferred to other members of the marriage party if the head of such a party makes a request at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled departure of the train.
6. One can also transfer the ticket to other cadets of NCC (National Cadet Corps), if the head of the group makes a request at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled departure of the train.