Now, Travel from Guwahati to North Guwahati in just 15 minutes
Traveling over Brahmaputra river bridge is not as difficult as you think but if you stuck in traffic or for some any other reason for one hours or more than one hours, what you think? Why I’m stuck here only, is there is any other way to get out from this route or you blame the government that they didn’t do anything?
But this man Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi has answered of all question, to boost infrastructure, tourism in India, as he has laid the foundation stone of a six-lane bridge over the river Brahmaputra connecting Guwahati and North Guwahati.
Details about the bridge:
- The length of the bridge will be of 1600 meter with six-lane carriageway.
- The total cost of the project is estimated at Rs 1923 crore.
- The length of the main bridge is 1240 meter extra-dosed cable type with Y-arm of 360 meters.
- Where the starting point of the corridor will be at Bharalumukh on the south bank of the Brahmaputra.
- There will be an elevated three-lane road which will be laid along the river bank on the southern side.
- The pick point will be at NH-31 near Gauripur junction
Once the bridge built, it will reduce the travel time from 90 minutes to a mere 15 minutes.