IRCTC: Check out new rule for ticket refund, click below for details
Due to heavy rains and water-logging, all railway services got suspended in the past two days in Mumbai and its adjoining areas, as per reports received. The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) which offers ticket cancellation online through its official website as well as through its official app, has come forward with some new rules regarding ticket cancellation.
The IRCTC website claims that if you want to cancel tickets online, you have to do complete the following steps so that one can get back the amount within the time of frame which has been prescribed for obtaining a refund. Your refund is completely based on its nature and status of your e-ticket.
Here is the guidance for the new rules of cancellation and refund of your e-ticket:-
- Tickets that are booked through the IRCTC website can only be canceled online before preparation of the train chart. Such cancellations would not be entertained on the window counter.
- For any cancellations made 48 hours before the scheduled departure, you will bear a loss of INR 240 for AC First Class or Executive Class; INR 200 for AC 2 Tier/First Class; INR 180 for AC 3 Tier/AC Chair car/AC 3 economy, INR 120 for Sleeper Class and INR 60 for Second Class .
- 25 percent cancellation fee of the total fare, will be charged if you want to cancel your confirmed ticket between 48 hours and 12 hours before the scheduled departure of the train.
- If you want to cancel your confirmed ticket less than 12 hours and up to 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train you will have to bear a cancellation charge of 50 percent of the total fare.
- No refund will be granted by IRCTC for Tatkal tickets. However, if your train is late by three or more hours, you could claim a refund through your Ticket Deposit Receipt.