Modi government made a big change in Indian passport! Must Know Top 6 Things
Indian Passports: It has been revealed that better quality of paper has been used for new Indian passports with better printing technology.
Lotus symbol in the Indian passport, more security features are available! The Ministry of Foreign Passport has said that the national flower ‘Lotus’ has been inscribed on Indian passports to check the danger of fake passports. The central government has said that it will also use other national symbols in a rotational manner. Those who have recently received an Indian passport, as well as those who wish to apply, should pay attention to the changes brought by the central government.
Indian passports: Here are the top changes
- Foreign Ministry spokesman Ravish Kumar said that the lotus is a national flower and has been inscribed on the passport as part of enhanced security facilities to check for fake passports.
- If we compare the old passports with this highly secured and changed one, we will find that the:” lotus” has replaced the passport officer’s signature. The old passport had a place for the signature of the passport officer and a seal on the second page. On the second page of the new passport, the lotus is inscribed in a rectangular shape.
- Old passports had separate columns for entering the names and addresses of passport holders. The new passport no longer has these separate columns.
- There are new codes that are being used in new Indian passports. The new passports with special facilities were made available for the first time in November at the passport offices in Kochi.
- It is learned that a better quality of paper has been used for new Indian passports with better printing technology. The printing process has been done in Nashik, Maharashtra.
The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), a special agency of the United Nations, has given its approval for the new facilities. The MEA has also revealed that there will be a plethora of passport changes from time to time.
MEA is also working on e-passport with the aim of producing a new passport booklet with modern security features. The E-passport is basically a biometric-based passport. It will include a chip and can be used in automated ePassport gates.